WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, August 31, 2012

"Fireworks!" Wallhanging Finished After Seven Months of Steady Work

This wallhanging is made from a foundation-pieced pattern called "Fireworks!" (published by Possibilities) that I started working on in February, 2012.  It is officially a scrap quilt because it has more than 100 fabrics in it, mostly batiks. I will be entering it in the scrap quilt category in the National Quilting Association show next June in Columbus, Ohio. It measures 45" x 45" and I have "quilted it to death" which seems to be the popular thing to do these days.  That is not a technique I enjoyed doing and it is not a method I will repeat as I did the work on my vintage 201-2 Singer and it wore me out.  But this thing is done now and all it needs is a label.  I draped it over this bench on our patio so you could get an idea of its size.  (Sometimes I wish quilt photos had a human in them or a piece of furniture to help establish scale.)