WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, February 26, 2009

OH, OH, JUDY

I am so glad you posted that picture and the rave review of the storage boards. I have purchased just one package of each size but haven't used them yet. If I like them as much as you I will invest in many more. I have a closet in my quilt room and half of it has hangers with pipe insulation on the horizontal bars on which I've hung large pieces and part has wire shelves on which, once upon a time, I had fabrics in plastic containers sorted by color. The entire thing has fallen into disarray, the top shelf is full of heaven knows what and the floor is covered with fabric pieces and various pieces of batting etc. I have 36" high cabinets which are full of UFOs, patterns, and all sorts of useless crap. The tops of the cabinets are full of stuff I just put there temporarily over a period of five years. There are also about fourteen years of magazines I will never look at again. I collapse with exhaustion every time I look in there.

There's a woman in my guild who, I just found out, cleans and organizes quilt rooms with heartless efficiency. I still have the plan that was prepared by the professional organizer whom I hired last fall, and with the help of the guild member who will help me for far less per hour than the organizer, hope to have things ship shape in a week or so. I'm scheduled for hand surgery (again) next Thursday and hope I won't be impaired too long but will have to make the trips to town for OT afterward. THEN I will start on DD's wedding quilt. The storage in the plastic boxes contributes to the mess because when you dig in there for something you end up auditioning several before a choice is made and I, at least, get back to the sewing and leave the mess behind. I'll send away for more of the plastic board gizmos tonight.

I suggest that others who've found great tools post a picture and a review. It would be such a service to the rest of us.

Jane in NC somewhat spring like today and tomorrow, cloudy and wet but high around 60F tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home