WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, January 30, 2009

Smaller Tote Bag Project

I just know all of you have been saving your selvages since I posted my first photos of my huge selvage tote bag so I thought I'd post a photo of a much smaller (and more reasonable) tote bag .... this particular one only used about twelve or thirteen selvages per side as I recall. So if you only wanted to do one side of the bag it wouldn't be that difficult to round up some really cute selvages and give it a whirl.

The pattern is from http://www.anotherpat.com/fabricbags.htm

The pattern works up very quickly from odds and ends you might already have in your stash; for example the piece needed for the lining of the bag was about 18" x 36". The strip for the handle was 4" x 96". This is a terrific shopping bag for those of you interested in recycling ... keep something like this in your car the next time you head to the store.

Judy in Ohio

2 Comments:

  • At February 4, 2009 at 12:23 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    I think this bag is yummy!!!

     
  • At February 4, 2009 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Of course she thinks it is yummy ... it is an early birthday present. :-)

    She had sent me some of her selvage strips and I surprised her by returning some of her selvages mixed with others on the sides of this bag. But I sent her an empty bag ... now it will be up to her DH to fill the bag on her birthday. LOL

    Judy in Ohio

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home