WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, February 20, 2009

Looking For

Hi Ladies,
I am looking for a piece of fabric from the Blank Textiles Ovarian Cancer Awareness Inspirations Line. There seems to be a difference in dye lots between each of the collections, so I'm hoping maybe someone on here may have used some of this fabric in the past few years. The one I'm looking for has tiny allover leaves and I think it's called tiny vines. The yardage from collection II is a richer teal, while the current collection III looks greener. I planned my quilt around the richer fabric and the new one looks washed out in comparison. The selvedge pattern number on the new one is 3913. I don't know if it is the same on the older one because my fat quarter is missing that part.

I have emailed quiltshops.com and hoped maybe someone here might have some in their stash. I'm in the middle of a quilt for the daughter of my best friend who died from ovarian cancer in 2007.

THANKS,
Judy in AR

6 Comments:

  • At February 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    i used the search engine quiltshops.com and put in ovarian collection II. none of the fabrics look like what you described, but i did see that the stitching post has fabrics from both collections. i didn't click on many of the others to see if their sites were for collection II or III. you might try to contact some of the stores on that list to see if they have the fabric even tho it's not listed on their websearch.
    dutchrose ---{-@

     
  • At February 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Thru quiltshops.com you can send an email that goes to all 238 shops so I did that. Stitching Post specifically responded back that they did not have that fabric and one other sent a link for another fabric altogether. I've opened every shop on the site that showed anything at all from the Inspiration line. And those are the ONLY responses I've received. Thank you for checking though. I appreciate anything I get!!

     
  • At February 22, 2009 at 3:41 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Did you try sending a scan to missingfabrics.com? You should get a response right away if someone has it.

     
  • At February 27, 2009 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Well I thought I posted about the Inspiration Guild at Blank Textiles hoping you could contact them. But My post didn't show up. Oh well, I tried. That leaves missing fabrics.com . Lavinia

     
  • At February 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Lavinia, Your post did show up. I had already been to it and contacted them. They won't sell their fabric directly and told me to go to quiltshops.com--where I had also already been. But I went to your link also and it was the first time I had seen just what fabrics were from which collection. Thanks for taking the time!!
    Judy

     
  • At March 1, 2009 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Well I guess that leaves missingfabrics.com. I know some shop owners go there, I got an immediate response when I was looking for some crab fabric.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home