WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Simplest Things Can Comfort

I recently spent DAYS in the hospital after surgery...you don't want to know the details. I simply want to mention that donated items to hospitals, fire victims, servicemen, Project Linus, etc., are so very much appreciated.
While in the hospital the nurse brought me a small pillow....a simple 9x12 pillow made with a single piece of fabric and stuffed with pouffy stuffing. This little pillow did an admirable job of providing comfort for my poor tummy as I lay on my side and also for propping under my pillow to cradle my ear. Such a simple item and such a simple gesture, but so very much appreciated by me as the recipient. Thank you to all of you who take the time to provide even the smallest gesture of comfort and concern.
JudyPete

2 Comments:

  • At February 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

    Hope that whatever landed you in the hospital is better now-- Many of us are involved in the giving side when it comes to block showers, comfort quilts, etc. and it doesn't always seem like a "big deal." Once you are on the receiving end - and I have been - you do realize what a difference it can make. Joleen in MN

     
  • At February 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

    Hope you are fast on the mend! Not fun being in the hospital. Glad to hear, though, that the little pillow helped bring you comfort.
    Take good care,
    Mary in Oregon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home