WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Another Lurker Signing In

I haven't posted to this BB since it changed to a blog because I couldn't get past the sign-in part. It looks like it may have worked this time, so I'll post this and see.

Here's a quilt-related question for all you creative types. My son is in Boy Scouts, and I would like to make a quilt with all his patches, etc. after he is done with Scouts. He has a brand new shirt that has a ruined back due to his leaning against an oily phone pole. The back is a mess, but the sleeves and fronts are still new. (It was the first time he wore it, of course). So I am thinking I will cut it apart and use the front pockets, sleeves with emblems, etc. somehow in the quilt. Any ideas of what I can do with this?

Since it's snowed big-time twice in the last four days, I'm thinking I will have lots of indoor time this winter to devote to this project!

Kathy in Snowy Wisconsin

1 Comments:

  • At December 5, 2007 at 10:53 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    kathy,
    could you just cut the entire backside of the shirt away? by that i mean the back and the back sides of the sleeves; making it a two dimensional shirt that could be affixed (appliqued) to a background piece of fabric. i saw this done with baby clothes that were left whole, i'll try to see if i can post the picture here.
    dutchrose ---{-@

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home