WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mayme

What a good idea, to ask everyone to check in. Mayme, I didn't get any plants from the poppy seeds you sent, I don't think they liked the heat and humidity here. Disappointing, but I'll just have to enjoy the hibiscus, oleander, bougainvilla, etc. that do like it here.

I've been doing a lot of quilting this year. DH is recuperating from a bunionectomy and toe straightening, getting around the house with a knee walker--funny looking thing--he kneels on it with his foot hanging off the back of the padded rest and scoots around. He let it go too long and required a lot of surgery, so is non-weight-bearing for 6 to 8 weeks. I don't know if he will have the other one done after this ordeal. One good thing, he had very little pain with it and only took about 3 Darvocet N-100 tablets in the week after the surgery. It was done the day after Thanksgiving.

Having my mother living here in Texas and only 30 miles away is a great thing, too. She's 87 now and getting more frail and forgetful. I think it won't be too much longer before she will come to live with us. She doesn't have enough $ to afford a really nice assisted living place, and me being a nurse she can just come here and save her $ in case she needs a nice nursing home down the road. She loves having her own apartment and being as independent as possible, but she does realize that she's getting to the point that she'll need to be here.

I've been working on a quilt for our 5 y/0 granddaughter, probably for her birthday in the spring. I'm using a Laurel Burch horse fabric with another horse fabric and will put up a pic when it's done. KayAnne loves horses. It's a family thing--one of my cousins and I were horse lovers, and my daughter loves them, too. KayAnne is our son's child--he liked horses, but never as much as the rest of us.

Pat in Rockport, TX, where it's sunny but only 56 degrees right now, brrrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home