WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Houston Quilt Festival

I am just back from Houston and want to tell you about a fantastic quilt called "The Quilt of Belonging". It is a Canadian project and this is the web site www.invitationproject.ca It is beautiful and very impressive. At this site you can bring up every block and read about it. I think it has been mentioned before, but I never thought I would see it.

The block for Belize was done by Rose Marie Chui or Chie, can't read my writing but the Mississauga,Canada address caught my eye. Isn't that in your area Rosie?

Marge in Louisiana

3 Comments:

  • At November 5, 2007 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

    Marge,
    Did you and Mary meet? Was there more than one Starbucks location? I wandered in the area wearing my Yellow Yo Yo gawking at the various quilters, but was unable to determine if you and Mary were there. I have met Pat N previously and looked for a lighter version of her since she has been losing weight, but saw no one familiar. I did enjoy the show also and it would have been a bonus to meet you and Mary.
    Laura in IA

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Marge in Louisiana said...

    There were several Starbucks locations and they were packed. Very hard to see who was there. I also did not see any yellow yoyos. I saw everyone from my guild who was there though at one time or another but no WWQP people. 8>)

     
  • At November 7, 2007 at 1:40 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Thanks, Marge, for giving us the link to the Quilt of Belonging. Fascinating.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home