WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Binding by Machine?

I have been working on one of my long-standing UFOs, a Turning 20 quilt made with Halloween fabrics. Yes, I know there is no way it will be used this Halloween, but if I don't work on it while it is seasonal, it will disappear into some black hole for another 2 years!! I have been practicing my MQing on it and it's far from a professional job. I envision this as a "throw on the floor and crawl on it" sort of quilt. Now I would like to try doing the binding entirely by machine. I don't remember if it is preferable to sew the binding on the top, turn it and topstitch from the top, catching the back side? Or do you stitch it on the back, turn it and just topstitch the top?

Neither sounds easy to me. What is the best/easiest way? I know my first one won't have very professional results, but would like to try it. (Two of my other UFOs are at the hand stitching the binding stage!!)

Thanks for any/all suggestions and advice!
Laurel in Iowa

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home