WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26, 2013

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I last posted, but I still come back and read the postings every few days. Since my last post, I finally did get the second memorial quilt sandwiched and in the hoop. It is ready to be quilted. Members of this board were so kind to us when our son was killed in Iraq 2005. We received enough blocks to make two large quilts. The first one was finished in 2006 and I think it is time to finish the second one. Tomorrow (the 27th) would have been his 33rd birthday.

In the years though that have passed, I have come to realize that my driving desire to create quilts has waned considerably. That is why I am posting now. I have gone through my belongings and pulled out lots of templates, books, etc. that I have up for sale. If any of you are interested, you can view the items at this Ravelry link, OK, for whatever reason I can't get the link to appear. If you wish to view the items you can email me at
lightningsj--at--att--dot--net I really miss the For Sale section that use to be on the old WWQP. Thank you all for your help and advice in past years and the friendships that I have made. You have all been a big part of my life and please know that we appreciate each block that was made for us and the prayers that were said on our behalf.

Sandra J. ~ Lightning57

3 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Hi, Sandra, my quilting addiction has waned, too, but my lack of "quilting libido" is due to cancer diagnosis 4 years ago. Still fighting the cancer but lately have been thinking up new quilts. lol.

    I remember your loss of your son and am glad you are finishing up the second quilt. Bless you.

     
  • At March 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Sandra, I'm glad you're finishing the second quilt. I'm sure it helps with the healing process. Wishing you peace. NancyHG

     
  • At March 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    Thanks to you both Nancy and WhiteStone. Yesterday was his birthday and seemed like the right day to start quilting.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home