WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, March 23, 2013

2000 squares of fabric - Done! Almost.

2000 1-inch squares
Well, the 2000 pieces of my 1-inch reproduction of my original Y2K quilt (huge queen size) are now stitched together...almost...it is pinned to the wall in four sections so I still need to sew three horizontal seams.


I need to add the border.


My original was featured in QUILT magazine along with a graphed pattern.  And it was part of a special exhibit of the Y2K quilts at the Houston Quilt show in 1999.  You can read about that exhibit here.
Spring 2001 Issue


I still have squares left over.  And Jean in Mill Bay can look for a packet of 950 squares in the mail to make her own Y2K quilt. As she mentioned in an email to me, she considers this a "masochistic plan".  lol.


Jean, I'll try to get that packet in Monday's mail by the latest.  There will also be a number of siggy squares.  I put some on the reverse of my original, but did not use all of them.
Vintage Singer Model 15-91


In the meantime, I'm cleaning up my cutting table...I have a huge pile of "leavings" after cutting 2000 squares down to size.  I cut at 1.25" and used 1/8 inch seams. It was easy to do as my vintage Singer 15-91 has a 1/8 inch pressure foot. Perfect!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home