WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Limerick Log Cabin (in neutrals)

I got very ambitious during the past week and managed to piece the top from the Limerick Log Cabin pattern that we mentioned in the posts about the pillow cases.  Thanks to Laura for telling me about the magazine where the pillow case pattern was.  This was in the same issue and just happened to fit perfectly with some batiks I had just purchased (for no other reason than that I liked them).
The top is laying on the bed in our guest room while I figure out what I want to do about borders.  I think that one 2" of the swirly fabric and then a piano key using all the fabrics will probably be the way I'll go.  Just have to sit and look at it a bit longer.

Kathi

6 Comments:

  • At February 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Love it! I need to find that magazine. If I can't locate it, do you think it would be "legal" to have you copy the pattern for me??

     
  • At February 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    It must be so old that the copyright has run out, right?????

     
  • At February 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

    Gorgeous Kathy! Perfect colors. So much better than the magazine colors. Maybe you could use a square in a square border or a 9 patch. Piano Key seems like such a departure from the top design. JMHO for what it's worth. Boy do I love what you did with your color choices.

     
  • At February 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    You may be right, Laura. I'm still looking at the quilt, which I can see through the hallway from the living room. I just know that I REALLY didn't like the border that was shown in the original pattern. Somehow a zigzag was totally wrong!

     
  • At February 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Agreed - the original border wasn't quite right and I love your colors better too. I found the pattern on eBay by the way! Thanks for the inspiration. I just moved and have set up my new sewing area and am looking for a project now that the boxes are unpacked. You don't know what a help you were!!

     
  • At April 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    Beautiful quilt!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home