WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, November 20, 2011



Here is my Buggy Barn Stars top. This is part of a group we started to use up our stash (ha ha)
We took about 4 classes for this purpose & unfortunately this is the 1st one I have finished. I first thought I would try to do a quilt as you go method to finish it....but I have decided this will not be happening and today I put the rows together & will have it machine quilted. I love the Buggy Barn technique and really love the process more than the end product . I did the butterflies a while back & am ready to do the stars in a heart one next. But, I went to an open house (quilt shop) Friday & they had a wonderful 4 patch posie Christmas quilt with the neatest setting & now I think I have to do that next.....I dreamed about it all last night! Jill

6 Comments:

  • At November 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jill, what is the "buggy barn technique"?

     
  • At November 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jill, love the quilt and the kitties, too!

     
  • At November 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    Buggy barn is a technique that originates from a shop in Eastern WA.
    They have many patterns & books. Basically the blocks are a stack & slash method. You work from a master sheet & layer about ten fabrics & cut them, then move some of the pieces to the bottom. Then sew them in the order marked. There was a crazy quilt pattern going around the internet years ago like this & also Karla Alexandra uses this method. If you Google Buggy Barn Quilts images lots of them will come up. It's really fun to do.

     
  • At November 22, 2011 at 12:19 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jill, I found the Buggy Barn shop's website and I clicked all over it but could not figure out which book had a pattern like yours. Could you give me more specific information so I can find the book with that pattern? I really like it and would like to make it some day but I need to buy the book. Some of the Buggy Barn things are out of print so maybe I'm wasting my time but if I have the name of the pattern, I'll know what I am looking for. Thanks for your help.

    Judy

     
  • At November 22, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    Judy, I shared the pattern with some one else in the class, but I'll find out, I think it was a book but I don't really remember. I found the method really addictive .

     
  • At November 29, 2011 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

    Oh Jill! Once again your quilts have turned out wonderfully. The kitties sure add to the picture as well. :-)
    Hugz, Mary just to the south of you

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home