WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

~1979 Jones Family Remnants 1993~

Last night I finished this quilt. As you can read from the title, the fabrics in the window pane layout are remnants left from clothes that I made for our two children and me. They range from a red & white check from when our daughter was two in 1979 until 1993 when I seamed it together. I had forgotten about it. The border, binding, and backing fabrics are newer. I have ~1979 Jones Family Remnants 1993~ quilted across the top. There was a reason for lining the yellow and black pieces as I did, but I now have no idea why. The picture does not show the true colors even with the sun shining onto it. They are much deeper and brighter. I guess it has to do with the camera or the operator (me). I'm glad to have it finished. This one will be for wrapping up in around the house when reading, etc., but mostly for remembering when our children were such and such age. Oh, the memories that quilt fabrics could tell if they had a voice. Lightning57~ Sandra from SC

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home