WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Time to Quilt!!


I thought I'd check in with the BB since for me it is officially quilting season,
as gardening season is coming to a soggy halt!
I worry that when the seasons change I will have lost my enthusiasm but I'm
already sewing & planning new projects.
I also resubscribed to The Quilt Show & have already learned some new techniques
I'm anxious to try.
The newest show is Gyleen Fitzgerald & she does some really cool stuff.
She's big into using up scraps & I love that idea!
She has an awesome ruler and technique for Pineapple scrap quilts. She has a neat
way to do Y seams too. I'm excited to do both.
1st I want to get my Buggy Barn star quilt off my plate & it's headed that way.
I'm including a picture of a quilt that I'm having hand quilted by a wonderful group
of ladies that quilt for a local community center. I bought the top many years ago & it's
going to be beautiful thanks to their efforts.
Nice to see you post Sandra. Love your family quilt. Jill

3 Comments:

  • At October 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    This top is very pretty.Is it applique?

     
  • At October 31, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    The more I looked at this top, which, yes, is appliqued, I believe
    it was made overseas maybe one of the countries that does such beautiful hand work, asia, south pacific? Anyone's guess I suppose.
    The work is perfect & I felt it was worthy of beautiful hand quilting to compliment it.

     
  • At November 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    A closeup would be great. Now that I think of it, we were given a set of napkins that were handmade in one of the Asian countries. They too was beautifully done. I had never thought about quilting them into something. That would be a way to use them.

    Your top is very pretty just from what can be seen of it. Be sure to post other pictures later.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home