WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, October 28, 2011

Doll Quilts

Back in August I made doll quilts for a friends two daughters. Their American Girl dolls needed quilts. I just happened to have left over Windblown Sue blocks from a quilt top I made about eight years ago and sold on Ebay (below) plus 2x2 blocks. Everthing was pretty much done other than sewing them together and doing the hand quilting. I have managed to quilt a little here and there over the last six years, just to keep in practice. I'll use that excuse. I failed to mention that several of the fabrics in the doll quilts were from fabrics traded here back during the Y2K fad. Also, one of the Judy's from back then, sent me a shoe box full of scraps and in there was a stack of greens which she hated. Notice the bright greens, they are from that box. Lightning57~ Sandra from SC

2 Comments:

  • At October 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I recognize some of my greens that flew south long ago. It's good to know that they got cut up and put to good use. :-)

    Judy in Ohio

     
  • At October 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    Thank you Judy. I like most of those greens and I still have a few of them. I got a lot of mileage from that box of scraps. Parts of them found their way into several quilt tops since, I make scrap quilts and not planned coordinated tops. I just love scrap quilts the best.

    The most of them are in four large tree of life blocks that I've made. They're very colorful. I've never settled on a top layout to use them in though.

    You keep looking and you'll probably spot other fabrics that were in that box.

    If it had not been for the generosity of the fine quilters here that were willing to sale, trade, swap, or give their fabrics and scraps to one another, I would never been able to make all the quilt tops that I've made in the last 12 years.

    I can honestly say that quilting kept me grounded and sane through some very hard, crushing years.

    Thank you to any of you that have helped me in anyway in the past. I greatly appreciate it.

    Sandra from SC

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home