WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, October 27, 2011

GREAT IDEA

There was a time when I had all those kettle cloth scraps from my girls' school clothes but don't know what happened to them. I tell folks that if it weren't for kettle cloth and my beloved featherweight my kids would have gone to school naked. I once made shirts or some such item for the entire swim team at Clearwater High School. I was in law school then. Where did I get the time and energy?

I wash all new fabric with a dye fixative plus color catchers. They (color catchers) ALWAYS come out with lots of dye in them even from the light colors. I've always washed after quilting. Those color catchers are great. I can't understand the idea that if it is a wall hanging you don't have to worry about laundering. I don't know about you but mine get pretty dusty and need laundering periodically.

Back to your quilt, Sandy, I hope you'll enter it in our show at the NC symposium next spring and be sure to include the history behind it.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home