WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

REVIVING COMMUNICATION

C'mon girls; lets keep it going. Last week my best quilting pal and I attended a retreat in Toccoa, GA. There are always a few classes and just as many "SOYO" sew on your own, rooms. It's a Baptist conference center and ideal for this kind of gathering. Mediocre meals are served in a large dining hall overlooking a small lake surrounded by colorful trees usually at the height of fall color at that lower elevation that first full week of Nov. I actually completed five full rows of DD's wedding quilt and almost finished the sixth and seventh. There will be a total of eleven rows. I am going to tell my daughter that she should marry a dwarf the next time around so I won't have to make a California King! Any way the end is in sight. I'll get it to the long arm quilter before I go to CA to visit her and her family in January. By the way, she was married in Aug '09. I propose the better late than never club. Any takers?

Anybody here going to Road to CA in January? I'll at least go the the show. I have a grandmotherly obligation to corrupt my new step granddaughters. They are 11 and 13 years old. The ideal ages. If anyone here is going let's arrange a meet up. I haven't been there in about five years.

Jane

5 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    How was Toccoa? I'm hoping to go thee in Jan. for the QOV retreat if I can get someone to drive with me.
    Heard from the GF in Mt. Dora, she is a no for now.
    Do you think there will be snow & ice there in Jan?
    I've only been there once, in the summertime.
    Sara/Fla.

     
  • At November 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Where in CA is the Road to California show?

     
  • At November 15, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Sara, I'm not sure about snow and ice. It's at a lower elevation than I am so I don't think it is too likely. The town of Toccoa is very small and the Baptist Conference center is ideal for our purposes. In my guild there is a very active QOV group with a leader who was an army brat and they have produced and incredible number of the quilts. She'll probably be there for the event. I can put you in touch with her if you like.

    Jane

     
  • At November 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Nancy, the Road to CA conference and show is at the Ontario conference center in Ontario,CA. It's a monster show and you can impoverish yourself very easily with all those vendors. There are numerous classes offered during the event as well.

    Jane

     
  • At November 16, 2011 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    ooh la la The Road to Ca.
    I'm kind of thinking of it.
    It's a dandy, esp the vendors.
    We have sold our condo in Palm Springs, but I would prob stay there maybe with friends?
    It's about an hour and a half drive.
    Prob too late to sign up for any classes, they fill fast.
    Your retreat sounds fun. Our guild's
    retreat is always a blast, but I goof
    off so much & really don't get as much done as I should.
    There are 3 great shops close and it's also in the middle of wine country, so it's lovely.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home