WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween Quilt That Will Be A Christmas Gift



Here are two views of a cheerfully gaudy quilt that I am going to give to a seven year old boy for a Christmas gift this year. This boy loves Halloween and wishes it could be Halloween all year 'round and I think that this quilt, which is almost twin-bed size will suit his fancy.

The pattern is from Bonnie K. Hunter's Quiltville.com website and is called "Bricks and Stepping-stones" but I modified it somewhat. Her pattern called for the "stepping-stones" (four patches) to be made from two inch strips and I made mine from three inch strips. Her "bricks" were cut a smaller size and my bricks were cut 5" x 10" because part of the Halloween fabrics were from Keepsake Quilting's collection of 10" squares. Cut those 10" squares in half and I was good to go for some of my bricks ... that was the basis for my design choices. I quilted this on my longarm by making big X's through the bricks and the four-patches.

I think the little boy will stay up all night playing a version of "I Spy" with this quilt ... how many witches can he find? How many skeletons? How many spiders? Ooooooooohhhh ....

Judy in Ohio

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home