WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Not Going to Be a Quilt .... But I Hope It's Gonna Be Cute


Here is the pattern I plan to use to create a tote bag with the selvage fabric I've created. Right now I am a bit dubious about the pattern designer's instructions so I am hesitant to cut into the fabric ... I have had hassles with off the peg patterns before. The second photo lets you see how the selvage fabric looks up close. It certainly is original .... and if you like making something that is one of a kind, selvage fabric provides your chance. LOL

Judy in Ohio

5 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2009 at 8:09 AM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Either some of those selvedge strips are from my house or else your other donors have the same stash as mine! lol

     
  • At January 23, 2009 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    I love it! Let us see the finished product when you have it done.
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At January 23, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Your machine must be smoking after sewing up all those skinny strips. Calls for much more patience than I have. If you or anyone else wants my selvedges just let me know and I'll send them. Right now mine go in the trash.

    Be sure to show us the end product. You won't have to worry about some stranger mistaking your tote for theirs.

    Jane in NC

     
  • At January 23, 2009 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jane, think of the darling little potholders you could make as gifts for your quilting buddies. They would be stunned speechless or else fall over laughing. One side only with this "fabric" of quilt as you go selvage strips .... it gets thick rather quickly. Cut the strips 1.5 inches wide, the dottier the better, and off you go. LOL

    Judy

     
  • At January 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    I love salvages, they are so cool.
    I've put them in a couple scrap
    crazy type quilts. I love the pot holder idea.
    I usually save them for ties & such since I'm an obsessive saver

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home