WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, January 19, 2009

Quilt A ad Quilt B


I'm posting photos of two different shirt quilts. Quilt A was machine quilted and was completed a couple years ago. I'm working on Quilt B now and am hand quilting. Yes, yes, I've been working on Quilt B for a century now. Well, maybe not a hundred years, but it seems like it.

Both are made from fabrics from selected men's shirts. It's interesting to see the subtle difference in color due to the different shirts in my stash when I made the second. And after seeing them side by side I remember that on Quilt A the blocks were all constructed with Red crosses at the center of each block. It made for a more consistent and yet scrappy look than I achieved with Quilt B.

Both are what I call nap size. Perfect for a snuggle on the sofa or as an extra throw on the bed.

My quilting seems to have slowed down over the past couple of years. Quilt B is the main project right now and I'm intent upon staying with it so that it will be completed before long. I hope all of you have some winter quilt project to keep you busy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    Both quilts are very pretty and quite different again with different color layouts like one of the other quilts posted earlier. Nice that you shared your talent. LONNA IN WI

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home