WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, November 5, 2007

Thanks again for the binding advice! The Halloween quilt is finished! and only 4 days after Halloween! I even slept under it last night when it turned cold and DH was hogging the other quilt! LOL

I used my regular double fold binding, stitched it on the back, and used a feather stitch to top stitch it. It worked well. I did find out that I had better luck when used the snap hairclips to anchor it for about 12 inches ahead of the needle (like I do when I stitch binding by hand). I used black thread on a black tone on tone fabric, so it camoflaged a lot of problems. I doubt that anyone will ever take a really close look at it anyway!

Now the next UFO taken out of the closet is a flannel raggy snowman quilt. I am not sure whether I will keep it or give it away. I am glad those frayed seams will cover some of the sloppy stuff I am finding as I assemble it! I think there will be enough scraps left to make a flannel baby quilt when I am done.

Thanks again, Laurel in Iowa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home