WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, July 2, 2007

Vicki in SW PA and Pat in Rockport

Vicki, I am indeed old enough to be a GGM to an 11-year-old....but I've cheated. I married a very nice man ten years older than myself and on our wedding day umpteen years ago I became an instant grandmother to four. After umpteen years the family has expanded and there are now 6 DGGKs age 11 and younger. But I love it when someone makes the comment that I am toooo young to be a GGM and so I think you for giving me a little chuckle. LOL.

Pat, yes, the attachments came with the Singer 66-1. A quilty friend in Ohio gifted me with Elizabeth Redeye some years ago and she was very careful to tag all the attachments with their various names and uses. It was great fun rummaging through the five drawers to find the attachments, some small sewing items, and the original instruction booklet. She had named this vintage treadle after one of the grandmothers in her family. Since my grandmother's name was Elisa and my aunt was Elizabeth, I have continued calling this machine Elizabeth Redeye.

I know that you have many more vintage machines than I and I am wondering....have you played with the attachments. If so, please tell me which were your favorites and for which use?

I wonder if owners of NEW sewing machines give them names? Or is it only owners of vintage sewing machines who have this silly habit?

JudyPete

1 Comments:

  • At July 3, 2007 at 8:22 AM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    Hi JudyPete! I became a GGM last year when my daughter's husband became a GF. Haven't met the baby (or her parents) yet, but am looking forward to that next August.
    My DH is only 50 - don't know if he claims to be a GGF!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home