WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I have pictures!


I just tried opening the chat from google & signing in & I have the pictures!

Now to see if I can post pictures, I'll bet I can.

(love your quilt Kathi)


Yesterday when I wanted to post a picture it was because I had just watched

Fons & Porter & was so impressed with the partial seaming they did on the feathered star.

It was a 2 parter & I missed how they did the HST's . They mentioned Marsha

McCloskey, so I assume they did her method?

This quilt was done by a guild member Susan Simshaw & it was just gorgeous, it has beautiful quilting, trapunto & the little gems for embelishment.

I really want to do this quilt & I'd like to try F & P's method.

2 Comments:

  • At July 1, 2007 at 6:46 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Jill - Where did this quilt win the ribbons? It looks like one I saw at Houston and I was going through my photos to see if I had a picture of it but couldn't find one. Looks very familiar. I'd like to do a feathered star someday - I remember seeing Marsha McCloskey on Simply Quilts when I first started quilting and thinking "that can't be too hard". Maybe I should have done it then - ignorance is bliss! NancyH

     
  • At July 1, 2007 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    It's a pattern, so you prob saw another one.
    The ribbons are from our annual quilt show in Vancouver Wa.
    The original one on the pattern is sort of Shabby chic colors, I like this one better.
    I'd sure like to have it above my mantle.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home