WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Be sure to click


I save my photos as jpgs and do not seem to have a problem loading them...it does take a few moments, no longer than 20 seconds or so, for the photo to load. While loading, a second window appears with a round "loading" symbol. Check the original posting window, and when your photo appears, you can close this second window.

This is a photo of my 11-yr-old great-grandson (how old AM I, ANYWAY!!!) doing his first machine stitching on my Singer treadle. He made a 9-patch pillow while staying overnight last week. (I don't like to post my grandchildren's faces online so hope you won't mind that I've cropped the photo). DGGS caught on quickly that he needed to keep the handwheel running in the correct direction and broke the thread only once when he lost control of that. When I informed DGGS that this machine was over a hundred years old he found it difficult to believe me for he said it looked like "new" for it is shiny and in excellent condition. He was impressed with how the mechanism of treadle/wheel/needle worked and thought this was a fine machine. LOL

Some BBers might not know that you can click on photos on this blog to see a larger view.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At July 1, 2007 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Vicki in SW PA said...

    OK, JudyPete, I have seen your picture and you can't be old enough to have a 11 year old GREAT grandson!! Inquiring minds want to know!! Either you have great genes or a great plastic surgeon!

    Vicki in SW PA

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home