WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, September 30, 2013

Judy in OH ,,,, thank you for the (ahem) nudge...

This past weekend, after finishing the drapes for our new granddaughter's room, I dug out that UFO quilt that got started OVER twenty years ago. I added borders to it from my stash, found a perfect backing in my stash, and am going to mark the quilting designs and start hand quilting it. DH helped me with choosing the border fabric, so it is now a family effort. ;-) The quilt has 'spoken' and told me that only HQ'ing will do. It will be nice to have a HQ project in the hoop. I haven't done that in almost 15 years. I wonder if HQ thread is even still around??? I might have to use some Mettler 50/3 "silk finish" 100% cotton thread instead. Well, this starts a new adventure. lol

4 Comments:

  • At September 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Doris, I am tickled pink!!!

    Is there any pink in this quilt for the new granddaughter? Can your DH take a photo of the quilt in your hoop while you are working on it? Maybe a hands, hoop and quilt shot?

    Is that enough questions for one day? LOL

     
  • At October 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Bunny said...

    Judy wants a photo in the hoop. Sounds like she doesn't believe you. Congratulations on the new granddaughter. Bunny in IL

     
  • At October 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    Bunny - I know, sure sounds like she does not believe me. I am roflol. After all, this is the Internet and we should believe everything people write on the 'net. ;-)

    Judy, Judy, Judy - as soon as it is in the hoop, I will take a photo. It isn't even marked, yet. I played 18 holes of golf and then mowed the "estate" yesterday. Ain't going to happen today, either. I'm off to a class on how to make leggings for DGD at the local Bernina store. :-) :-)

    And I still have to get it marked for quilting. I can take a piccie in it's pre-marked pre-hooped state, though. Just as an appetizer. A teaser. A warm-up.
    LOL

     
  • At November 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Doris - Good for you! I think you'll be happier if you use actual hand-quilting thread instead of the Mettler silk finish. If you can't get some YLI HQ thread, Coats makes a pretty good one. The coating on the thread makes it much easier to work with. Good luck with your project!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home