WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Footprint Quilts Are Finished



My, goodness, I seem to be the only person posting on the WWQP Bulletin Board any more.  What, is this my private page?   Ah, well ....

I have finished the quilts for my twin granddaughters well ahead of the Christmas deadline I had set for myself and so the first photo shows me sitting smugly on the living room sofa with Alexandra's quilt on the left side of the photo and Elizabeth's on the right side of the photo.  I selected different border fabrics so they could tell which quilt was which from across the room.

Second photo shows the back of Elizabeth's qulit.  Their parents take them on European vacations and so I felt a world map theme was a good idea for backings on these quilts.  I will give them fine-line Sharpie markers so they can write dates near countries/cities visited as events occur.  Thus far these ten year olds have visited England, France, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Ireland and Scotland  ... and Ohio.   LOL

Judy in Ohio

6 Comments:

  • At September 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

    Thanks for posting Judy. I really enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.

     
  • At September 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    Love seeing a close-up of your cute footprint quilts and especially love the fabric you used for the binding

     
  • At September 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    Judy - Thank you for the photos of your quilts. They are wonderful and those DGDs are lucky girls! I love(!!!) the world map you put on the back, too. Such a great idea.

    I have not made a quilt in five years, so that is why I never have anything to post here. This past summer, I've been making maternity tops for DDIL and baby things for the recently born DGD. Currently am making drapes for that little one's room. Since they are not quilts, I don't post them. :-D

     
  • At September 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Doris, it seems to me that you should be making a quilt or two for that recently born dear granddaughter. :-)

    As a matter of fact, there should have been a quilt waiting for that infant the moment she was born. It is a good thing you are in Tennessee or I would be knocking on your door, ready to poke you with an acrylic ruler. LOL

     
  • At September 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    Judy in OH - LOL! indeed. ;-)

    I got the drapes finished and delivered yesterday. Snoopy dance!

    I actually have a baby quilt I started 20+ years ago, from a class I took when our son was in middle school. It really is time I finished that one. It is from an old out-of-print book titled "Calendar Quilts." Very cute. I need to pull it out and finish it.

    HHhmmm.... maybe you've given me the push I need.
    :-)

     
  • At September 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Well, Miss Doris (I lived in Kentucky for three years as a child so I can speak southern) it should not take you long to finish this quilt that has been ripening for over twenty years. All of us look forward to seeing the photo of this family heirloom UFO when you have it ready to present to the new member of your family. :-)

    Judy in OH

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home