WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, June 3, 2013

Judy in Iowa's Y2K Reproduction Quilt is Finished!!



I am posting this photo on behalf of Whitestone (Judy in Iowa) who sent it to me and let me know that she has finished her reproduction of her Y2K quilt that she originally made in 1998.  You might recall that earlier this year she came on the BB and was searching for a specific Y2K fabric to use in the border.  I got lucky and found it for her and then she was able to use it for the border of this gorgeous quilt which is now wall hanging size (compared to her original which is queen bed size).   Judy made the reproduction for her daughter.

Jean in Mill Bay is now going to use all of Judy's leftovers to create something.  The challenge has been passed on.  :-)

4 Comments:

  • At June 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

    I love this quilt! I can't imagine making the mini repro of the original, but we are all crazy in our own ways, I guess. ;)

    All of those leftovers are being incorporated in my very own Y2K+13 quilt! Those big blocks are done for the middle, only needing the white sashing between them, and the rest of the necessary 2013 squares are being sorted for colour wash borders. This is going to be king size and I am really enjoying it. I am so grateful for all the help I got collecting the squares.

     
  • At June 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    King size! Oh, my goodness! Waiting anxiously for the completed top. Will you be quilting it yourself?

     
  • At June 11, 2013 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

    Love the quilt Judy - in both sizes!

     
  • At June 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I am very sad to report that JudyPete lost her battle with ovarian cancer today.

    I met her through the original WWQP BB back in August, 1998, when I bought my first Mac computer and a book with a title about 1,000 things you can do with your new computer.

    The WWQP BB was my first adventure in computing and Judy in Sioux City (as she was then) contacted me for a siggie square for her original Y2K quilt. We became email buddies and corresponded faithfully up until this month. I will miss her terribly.

    Judy in Ohio (who has kept the same name all these years.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home