WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

baby quilts

Hi BBers,

long time, no see! I am missing the chats we used to have on Instant Messenger. Anyone still online there?


I made several baby quilts this year. First, my SIL gave birth to twins, then a good friend announced she was pregnant so I made one for her as well, and shortly after another friend told me her 4th was on the way so she got one, too. Here are the photos:



Does anyone find the odd block in the bright quilt? When I was machine quilting the diagonals, I saw that I had turned one of the blocks. I have to search for it every time I look at the quilt!


Happy Quilting!

Sue in Germany

6 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

    They are all wonderful, Sue! My eye is very drawn to the brightest one, though. It looks so happy! You sure do wonderful work.
    Mary in Oregon

     
  • At November 30, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    Thank you for your kind comment, Mary! It sure was fun to free motion quilt the pastel quilts, but that bright one sure catches the eye, that's true. The friend who received it loves primary colors and no pastels for her, please. The piecing was fun, I used up a lot of scraps - but I have left over scraps for at least 300 years, LOL! Do you see the odd block? While quilting the diagonals, I noticed I had turned one of the blocks...

     
  • At November 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    Hi Sue! I cannot find the odd block. ;-) These are all gorgeous quilts!

     
  • At December 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Sue - Really cute quilts and nice machine quilting too! Like I have nothing else to do.....I looked for the odd block and I found it, but it sure is well-hidden. Kind of like the Where's Waldo books!

     
  • At December 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    These turned out very nice. Did you do the machine quilting? That's nice work too.

     
  • At December 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    Yes, I did the machine quilting. If you want to see close-ups of the free motion quilting, you can see them on my blog: http://sternenquilter.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home