WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For Judy in AR .... Penguin Tree Skirt




Judy, these photos were taken in 2002, before I had a digital camera and so the quality is not the best .... I have now taken digital photos of old Kodak photos to get them on our blog for you.

The pattern is long gone for two reasons .... I did not enjoy fusible applique one bit (frankly it drove me bonkers) so I got rid of the pattern as soon as I was done with it. Besides, I never dreamed I would "meet" anyone who would be interested in it. I do not recall where I got it from but obviously it was sometime in 2000 or 2001 because I recall working a long time to get this beast of a tree skirt constructed. LOL Yes, the one penguin in the first photo has a small set of bagpipes appliqued next to him .... my son is a piper.

Judy in Ohio

3 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    Funny how different people like different things. I just finished my 2nd class in fussible ap. and loved every min. of it. I just ordered the wall hanging pattern "July" that the teacher was showing us. I believe it is Laundry Basket designs if anyone is interested.
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At March 4, 2009 at 10:56 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Thanks for going to all that work!! At first glance, before I "blew" it up, I thought it was Southpark characters. LOL! No, I wouldn't care for all that fusible applique either. I've done some and get confused by all the reversing. I tend to like realistic over whimsical so I have bought some great sparkly blacks for whenever I do make some penguin something.

    I wish someone had found my fabric as quickly as you came up with that pic!! Thanks again!

     
  • At March 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Judy, you're right, they do have a "Southpark" look about them. Evidently my granddaughters really like all the different jackets the silly penguins are wearing so that makes the expensive search for plaid FQs worth it .... I think. LOL

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home