WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, August 22, 2008

Sparkle quilt

What I like the best about your "quilt on the wall not finished" is the excitement you get at this stage of the game.
I haven't had a lot of chance to sew this summer and you brought that feeling back to me - the way a quilt sweeps you along once you get started and the fact you can't wait to share it with others.
The last quilt show I went to left me a little disappointed. It was full of Art Quilts - almost as though the ones that turn me on are getting passe. I admire the fabric art and fancy machine quilting but they are getting further away from the fun, excitement, enjoyment, of cutting material up into small pieces and sewing them back together and getting little surprises along the way.
I think it's time for shows to divide into two catagories.

Milli in MA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home