WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

3 Favorites

I love this discussion! I have to say my favorite teacher would be Alex Anderson - she used to be my own personal teacher, right in my living room every morning and afternoon. Then just mornings, then earlier in the mornings - besides learning so much from her and her guests she also taught me to get up 1/2 hour earlier every day! I was a beginning quilter and soaked up everything I learned from her program like a kindergartener. I very much appreciate Sharyn Craig for writing LeMoyne Stars Made Easy (and demonstrating this on Simply Quilts) . She really does make it easy with her explanations and illustrations. And one more teacher/author I really like is Jackie Robinson. I've taken a couple of classes from her at the Houston Quilt Show. She has wonderful simple techniques for making intricate-looking blocks. Her books are well-illustrated and easy to follow, and her classes are always fun and full of great information. And, like everyone else, I could go on and add about 10 more, but the challenge of only 3 favorites is a good one! NancyH

2 Comments:

  • At August 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    Thank you Nancy for listing someone I wasn't familiar with. I looked up Jackies web site and found that I like her style and some of the fabrics I already have in my stash.
    LONNA IN WI

     
  • At August 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Lonna - She had a book called "Favorites" that I really like. She has great shortcuts that eliminate some of the steps in making seemingly complicated blocks. And her instructions are always very clear. She also received an award a few years ago for "Teacher of the Year" or something like that. Nancy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home