WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, August 4, 2008

Favorites

I too have to pick Ami Simms. Iwas lucky enough to be part of a class at WQI that included her applique stitch(hand) and her scrapbook quilts and a luncheon presentation on the Worst Quilts in the World that had me laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair. Not to mention I interviewed her about the Alzheimer's quilt collection she was presenting at the Its A Stitch Guild Show in May. Any chance to spend time with her is worth it.

My second choice is Judy Hopkins who writes the Around the Block quilt block books. She takes the math out of piecing for me with all the cutting instructions for different sizes included. Being dyslexic, this makes life so much easier.

My last choice is a local one for me. Gretchen Hudock teaches quilting for Nancy's Notions and she taught the first quilt class I ever took at a place called Greene's Variety. She was also the reason I love to do the stained glass method using the clover tape.

I love this idea of sharing--let's keep the ideas flowing

Shelli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home