WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sometimes We Must Agree to Disagree

When I first got my computer I thought it would be fun to join online swaps. I followed the rules and prewashed the fabrics and sent out squares as requested. And then when I worked with the fabrics I received in the swaps I was dismayed and how limp those fabrics were. I starched them and I used sizing and I was still not satisfied. I stopped participating in swaps once I realized that I did not like using prewashed fabrics under the needle of my sewing machine. I do not do handwork, my quilts are 100% machine stitched and I prefer to use the fabric as it comes off the bolt .... it seems more machine friendly as far as my vintage Singer is concerned. I am more accurate with crisp fabric full of manufacturer's sizing or whatever it is. Just one BBer's opinion, of course, but I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

Judy in Ohio

1 Comments:

  • At June 1, 2008 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    Me, too, Judy. I'm not a pre-washer. The only time I did any extensive pre-washing was for the Y2K swaps, and the ironing was about enough to make me give up the entire project! I have to do enough ironing of DH's clothing for work that I don't care to do any extra.

    Now pressing while piecing is another matter entirely........

    Kathi

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home