WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thank you, Ladies

I've spent the past several weeks helping my DB as he made several (numerous) trips to the Veteran's Hospital in Omaha. No, it hasn't been a hassle...it's been a joy, really, because I love my DB. And these trips literally saved his life.

Yesterday, after a post-surgery checkup, and as we were leaving the hospital, I spied a couple ladies unloading a Tall stack of lap quilts from a van. They placed them in the seat of a wheelchair to transport them inside.

I wish I had taken a photo...even had my camera in my purse...but missed the opportunity. Still....if any Omaha quilters are onboard here, here's a hearty "Thank You" for your kind thoughtfulness and care.

And to that, I add a "Thank You" to the staff at the hospital. They have been super in their care of my brother and patient with all my questions. (smile)

JudyPete

2 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    JudyPete:
    Gosh, I just today started washing and pressing some REd,white, and blue fabric given me by a friend for a quilt for the VA. I'm so glad to see that this is a popular project.
    One other lady and I are doing the quilts of valor project. (I'm sure there are more, but this is the only lady I know.)
    Their web site is QOVF.org in case anyone is interested.
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At May 24, 2008 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Margaret from Long Island, NY said...

    Also for VA Hospital

    My quilting bee just finished making quilted tote bags for the women outpatients at our local Va hospital. The American Legion Auxiliary members adopted bags and filled them with toiletries. They will be given to the women veterans when they come in for treatment as a little thank you gift. The six quilters made a total of thirty bags, each one an individual design. They were such a success that the Auxiliary members begged for us to make more and sell them. I did make one extra for myself all in purple fabric with an embroidered red hat motif on the front. Can't wait to use it on a Red Hat trip!

    Margaret from Long Island, NY

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home