WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, May 12, 2008

Janome for dummies/charity quilt for Jane

Hi, happy day after Mother's day.
If there are golfers out there, or you have DHs that are, the TPC yesterday was played in 41 MPH winds. I don't know how anyone can hit a golf ball anywhere near straight in all that wind. Needless to say, my sinuses were going crazy all day.
With help from Doris in TN, and my DH I was able to figure out how to raise the feed dogs on my new Janome. It is a 30th Anniv. present from DH, a 6600 model. Most of the instructions are in signs such as ^^^ for feed dogs. So far I've stitched about 4 inches. This afternoon my babysitting was canceled so I get to stay home and play. Yea.
DGS#4 had some extensive dental work done this morning, but he is recovering nicely, so DD doesn't need me to come over.
I'm going to put the Bernina 1630 up on Craig's list to sell locally. Hopefully someone will want it. It is still a good machine, I just get tired of driving to Timbuck-too to have it repaired and cleaned.
JANE- in N.C.--I've been wanting to make a quilt for the Quilts of Valor, or Wounded worrior project. If it's OK with you I could donate it (or one of them) in your name. I wouldn't be able to start it for about 30 days, as am trying to finish up some UFO's.
I'm thinking simple, red, white, blue prints in a simple pattern.
They need lap or twin bed size. A guild here locally gave about 50 of them to Bethesda Naval Hospital this past week.
If you DON'T want this, let me know. My E mail is sashauer at comcast dot net. Otherwise I'll get the brain working on it.
Right now I'm trying to finish up 2 butterfly gardens. If the wind, and the sinuses and the back and knees don't give me heck I'll have them done by Friday.
Off to find some tuna for lunch.
Sara in Fla.

4 Comments:

  • At May 12, 2008 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Sue in Iowa said...

    Just wondered - what are you asking for your 1630? I have an 1130 that is a great machine. Just curious - might want to upgrade!

    Sue in Iowa

     
  • At May 13, 2008 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    I decided to ask $1200 for the 1630--cash.
    It has the walking foot, which I think goes for about $150.00, 2 #1 feet (why I don't know) and the 1/4 foot.
    I don't know what it would cost to ship it to Iowa, but if you are interested I'll check.
    I was hoping to get it posted last night. I still can't figure out how to get the pictures from the digital camera to the computer.
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At May 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Marge said...

    Congratulations on choosing a Janome machine. You won't be sorry and they rarely need to go to the repair shop. I have three of them and only once did one go back because the bobbin winder quit. They said on the model I had they were having a problem but it was fixed. The extra feet for Janome's are minumal. Enjoy Marge in Pa.

     
  • At May 17, 2008 at 1:58 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    You might consider joining the Janome 6500 Yahoo group. It includes 6600 owners. Great group, answers questions right away. Lots of files with information available. Great machine, you'll love the thread cutter (saves a ton of thread). I sold mine because I couldn't lift it to take it to classes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home