WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Alzheimer's Quilts

I don't know if any of you have ever taken a class from Ami Simms, but I did some years ago and she was a blast! She is currently curator of the Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece quilt collection that is traveling the country. I was lucky enough to see this exhibit today at a local high school during the Its a Stitch quilt show. WOW, these quilts and their stories have power! I will also be interviewing Ami tommorrow for our local tv channel and my camera man has given me permission to submit the video to YouTube. If you would like more info or want to see the quilts online or check the travel schedule go to: www.AlzQuilts.org Now I need my beauty sleep so I don't look to ghastly on camera--lol!

Shelli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home