WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, April 28, 2008

Y2K


You bet I remember them! Since it was difficult for swappers to find someone from Idaho, I actually swapped enough to make three quilts. The first had all 50 states plus all of the Canadian provinces and I can't remember how many foreign countries. That one was chosen to hang in the display of Y2K quilts at Houston. My second was made from way more than 2000 squares and was a split nine-patch that I called North, South, East and West (the one in the picture with Gus and me). It is on my bed right now. As for the third batch....they went to a friend who does paper piecing, since I wasn't willing to deal with any more of the little squares after the first two.

Kathi

2 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2008 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Kathi, when I bought a batch of Y2K squares I also added more fabrics to the originals so I could make a more pleasing design .... I called that "creative artistic license". Your quilt looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

     
  • At April 28, 2008 at 6:56 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Kathi, thanks for posting. I've copied your photo to my quilt photo album. I know I swapped once with you for your siggy is on the back of my Y2KQ. I really, really like this quilt. Very Nicely Done!
    JudyPete

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home