WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, April 28, 2008

Losing weight

For me, the key is to avoid carbs. I can only seem to lose if I stay under 20 grams of carbs a day. Fortunately, I am a carnivore--I love meat, nuts, eggs, cheese, etc. And when I avoid carbs, my cholesterol stays lower, so that's another benefit. One thing about it, I know that I can never go back to eating sugary stuff and carb-dense foods, but that's okay. There are lots of lovely low-carb vegetables, and I can manage to lose if I have an occasional apple or pear, and there are Atkins sweets to placate my 28 sweet teeth. I always carry an Atkins Advantage or Atkins Endulge bar with me, to avoid temptation. When out for dinner, when others have their dessert, I whip out my Atkins and enjoy it. And it was a real pleasure giving away first the size 3X shirts, then the 2X, and now the Xlarge sizes are getting awfully roomy, and I can get into a Large shirt. My rear end has always been smaller in proportion. Size 16 pants and jeans are getting pretty roomy. I just bought some Medium size shorts for the summer, hurrah. Anyway, if you lose slowly, that's better than doing it quickly. I hope to lose another 35 pounds, but know it will take at least a year, maybe more.

1 Comments:

  • At April 30, 2008 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    Pat:
    I'm really proud of you!
    Yesterday I went out to buy some shorts or capres for summer, and found I've gone froma 12 to a 14. Rats.
    At least you are going to proper direction.
    Sara in Fla.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home