WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Brush With Quilting "Greatness"


Tonight in Marion, Ohio I met Ted Storm the creator of "Spring of Desire" which was the winner of "Best of Show" at the AQS in Paducah this past weekend. Ted brought her quilt to Ohio so she could share it with Lois K. Ide, her beloved mentor and teacher who is an 88 year old widow who lives in Bucyrus, Ohio. There were dozens and dozens of other quilters who showed up to view this quilt up close and personal but I'm probably the only clown who joked around with a magnifying glass and pretended to be the "Quilt Police" ... I have a photo of that, too but I'm not sure I should post too many photos on the same subject.

Judy

3 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2008 at 9:36 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    I love Ted's blouse. At first I wondered whether or not it was too close in design to the quilt, would it distract, etc. Then I thought... What else could she wear that would be better? I really can't think of anything else other than a simple, plain black. Nah! She picked the perfect blouse.
    JudyPete

     
  • At April 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmmmmm, I wonder if the quilt police should have nabbed that person who has their ungloved hand on the quilt!

     
  • At April 30, 2008 at 6:23 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    judy,
    i've seen pics of this quilt and have a nagging question that you might be able to answer -- especially since you've viewed it thru a magnifying lense!!!
    how did she achieve the look of blurriness in the 'background' of the quilt? a fabric design? a bleaching technique? sewn strips? all of the closeup pics have been of the outer edges and i'm very curious.
    dutchrose

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home