WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, April 28, 2008

Y2K

I made two Y2K quilts, and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. I've decided that any fabric that gets smaller than a fat eighth needs to be cut into the largest possible square(s). This means that I have a rubber maid container of 5 inch squares, a few 4 inch squares mixed into my 5 inch container, a container of 3 inch squares, 2.5 and 2 inch squares. I have an entire box of 2 inch squares. I used up all the signature squares in my 2 Y2K quilts though.
I also keep buying the sample packs with 5 inch squares too. I've been thinking of using all these squares with the disappearing nine patch pattern.
I'll have to try that this summer, after completing my mother's quilt.
I've discovered why I no longer have time to quilt during the school year. The job I took 3 years ago, while great, is basically half an hour farther away than the one I left; that costs me an hour a day. I am also the academic team coach. I had not added up the hours, but my principal asked me to figure out the time I was spending, and it added up to 93 hours in January, mostly on the weekends. Add to that papers to grade, and now I know where my life has gone. 3 1/2 weeks until exams...
Laura in Alabama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home