WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, May 2, 2008

Need on-point graph paper

Hi all - it's been quite a while since I've posted anything, but I've been keeping up with all your posts. I need some help desperately - I'm trying to draw up a quilt top on graph paper in an on-point setting and my little brain just won't cooperate! I turn the paper but just can't seem to get it right. I'm putting sashing and cornerstones between the blocks so that complicates it a bit. I seem to remember that there was a website where you could download graph paper. After a Google search I still didn't find what I need. Is there such a thing? Or does someone know the trick to this? Ordinarily I do great with graph paper - it's the only way I know how to draw anything! Thanks ........NancyH

7 Comments:

  • At May 2, 2008 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I went to Google and typed in quilters graph paper which gave me a site which gave me another site that offered this hexagonal graph paper:

    http://www.rainydays.com.au/graph.htm

    If that doesn't help much then try a Google search and see what else you can find.

    Judy

     
  • At May 2, 2008 at 10:42 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Judy - I saw that hexagonal paper - the problem is that it is a diamond shape. I need something that will give me a square on point. I know I could draw that out on regular graph paper, but I wanted to find something where the lines ran parallel to the sides of the block - in other words, the whole sheet is printed "on point" - much like the hexagonal graph but squares instead of diamonds. I hope that makes some kind of sense - I think I might be trying too hard!! Thanks - Nancy

     
  • At May 3, 2008 at 5:08 AM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    Hi Nancy,

    here is a website where you can download a free graph paper printer - I do all my hexagons with that software, it has all kind of lines from isometric to diamond etc.:
    http://software.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=281128

    Hugs,
    Sue in Germany

     
  • At May 3, 2008 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At May 3, 2008 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    Oh my, dunno why it does not work... another try with a shorter link:

    http://tinyurl.com/4blybx

    Sue in Germany

     
  • At May 3, 2008 at 10:06 AM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Sue - that's EXACTLY what I needed!! Thank you so much - my brain especially thanks you! NancyH

     
  • At May 3, 2008 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    You are most welcome, Nancy :-D I use that software all the time with a little heavier paper for English paper piecing templates (150 gram paper). Works great!
    Sue in Germany

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home