WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, January 11, 2008

QUILT SHOW

Time to get busy ladies. My guild, Smoky Mountain Quilters Guild, not to be confused with Smoky Mountain Guild in Knoxville, will hold its semi annual show in August this year. Sara, we hope to see you back and, Jill in Portland can tell you how nice the prizes were last time. Those of you in FL know what a great vacation spot this is too. The show is in Franklin, NC west and a bit south of Asheville. We are only about thirty miles south of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I just realized that my intended entry from the '06 show hasn't gotten any closer to being finished so I'd better pay attention to my own admonition.

After the recent death of one of our most active members who was close to 80 years old we are recovering from the large hole she left in the getting things organized department. We thought Yvonne would be there forever. Stitching at the frame as a social and financially rewarding activity for the guild is just now getting back on track this week. If anyone has a family heirloom top from grannie's attic and wants it to be hand quilted just let me know. We charge fair rates for excellent hand work. You would have to get in line however. Having said all that I need to get on my horse and out of my jammies.

Jane in NC

1 Comments:

  • At January 11, 2008 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Beth in TN said...

    Jane, I can attest to how fun that whole area of NC is!! You didn't even mention Hendersonville or the Flat Rock Playhouse, both also great for vacationers to the area.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home