WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Where are we?



It seems that we've taken a break from posting....must all be quilting, right? Just thought I'd start the ball rolling with pictures of matching quilt tops I'm doing for two of my grandsons. One will turn 13 on Jan 19 (the blue quilt) and the other will be 12 on Feb 2 (the red one). This is the BQ2 pattern from Maple Island Quilts. First time I've used this pattern and it goes together in a snap. It's amazing how different the two quilts look with just a small change in fabric. Now to get these pinned and quilted QUICKLY.


Kathi

4 Comments:

  • At January 9, 2008 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Linda in AZ said...

    Kathi, that print is so neat for boys that age. They will love the quilts. They are beautiful! Nice job!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Linda in sunny AZ

     
  • At January 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM , Blogger MJ said...

    Kathi,
    I'd love to have the pattern. Could you describe it for me? And, how cold is it in Idaho?
    Thanks,
    MaryJo

     
  • At January 10, 2008 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    Love you quilts and I'm sure your boys will enjoy them. The first time I saw a Maple Island pattern I was less than impressed, but after seeing one made with different fabrics I had to buy it. I talked with a shop owner and she agreed the fabric choice of the designer has turned off a lot of people and that was why she had a few sample quilts in the shop. I made the one called BBQ.
    Enjoy life, Phyllis

     
  • At January 12, 2008 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Beth in Syracuse said...

    Kathi, nice quilts! They struck me as AWESOME as my nephew would exclaim! I like the way you incorporated 'today' into a quilt.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home