WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, January 10, 2008

How Easy Is It Anyway????

Looking for an easy pattern to make a slip cover for a cylinder-shaped pillow I typed in the words "how to make" in google. I already know how to do that...I've been sewing for fifty years...but here I am, in front of my computer, and I couldn't resist the google thing. The first site on google's list was "how to make a bed". Stunned that someone needs instructions on how to make a bed I check out the site. (If your mother had been doing her job, you would have learned how to do this before age ten and would not need to learn now at the ripe old age of 19-and-living-on-your-own.)

The instructions (for the ignoramuses of housekeeping) suggest using a "hospital corner" at the foot of the bed when placing the top sheet in place. There were no illustrations on how to make a hospital corner. (Yes, I know how to make a hospital corner and I don't need an illustration.) However, anyone who NEEDS to read instructions on HOW to make a bed just MAY need an illustration on how to make a hospital corner at the foot of the bed. That is, IF they want to be that precise in making their bed.

Anyone who does NOT wish to be that meticulous can simply pull up the sheets, smooth out the bedcovers, plump the pillows, tuck your jammies under the pillow. Now how difficult is that? And if you've read it here, you won't have to do a google to learn how to make your bed.

Go make your bed. This is a Mother speaking.

JudyPete

2 Comments:

  • At January 11, 2008 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    Thanks Judy Pete. I have not made my bed yet, as had to rush outside with the puppy as soon as the feet hit the floor.
    Will shut down the 'puter now and go make my bed.
    With fitted sheets on the bottom these days, it's certainly not hard!
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At January 11, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Hi, Sara,
    DH and I were putting clean sheets on the bed the other day (he's a great guy!) and we both wondered why they do not make the top sheets with fitted corners at the foot. That would solve the problem of hospital corners. I suppose they would not stay in place. Drat! LOL
    JudyPete

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home