WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another Year, Another Quilt - I hope!

Unlike the purple quilt for DDIL #1, I just found the pattern for DDIL #2's quilt that doesn't leave me room for any creativity (which is a good thing and should make for a faster finish). It's Unequal Double Irish Chain in the Quilts from the Heart book by Karin Renaud. I'm still at the baby steps phase of quilting and this one seems nice and easy.

It should work well in the colors she has chosen - pink and black (ugh). I intend to accent in teal. Now to find compatible fabrics. She's been told that it will be a person-sized quilt; not bed-sized. Hope it doesn't take two years like the last because I have one more DIL who is chomping at the bit for her quilt.

I take inspiration from all the lovely pictures posted here and wish to get half as good. Regret that I had not taken up quilting years ago but had never even given it a thought until I moved into a senior development. About six years ago I joined a small group of ladies who were quite experienced and glad to lend a hand to a novice. It's been a fun ride! Wall hangings and table runners have been my chosen projects, so far. There is also a yo-yo table topper that is on-going and reminds me of a little lady I knew when I was a child. She sat on her porch all day and made yo-yos. Really brings back sweet memories. Everyone who sees it says that it reminds them of an old aunt or grandmother.

Enough for now, enjoy the new year!

Margaret from Long Island, NY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home