WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sometimes we assume too much..

& recipients really do love their quilts.
After my Mom passed away(& it's been 10 yrs)
I wondered if I had truly shown enough appreciation for
the many many handmade items she did for me.
I treasure each & every one but I'm not sure I was
ever as demonstrative as I should have been.
So now I try to tell myself that we all get busy & forget
that we should have said more.
I made each of my brothers quilts that I was never thanked
for until later... one was following the death of my brother's
teenage daughter, enough said.
The other was a baby quilt for my other brother's new son & their
life was a total zoo at the time.
So now I look at gifts differently & remember the enjoyment I
had during the process (if it's enjoyable then it's worth the time doing it)
So I won't let the lack of accolades stop me from honoring someone I
care about & want to share a part of myself with.....
the rest, they get gift cards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home