WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm the One Grumbling


I had to laugh at my own response to Judy in Ohio's request for stories about ungrateful recipients of our quilts. My problem is not that the recipient is unappreciative. Instead, this little guy is TOO appreciative and loves this quilt. My DGS, now eleven years old, has several quilts that I have made especially for him, or which I gave him on the spur of the moment. He uses all of them, either on his bed or the sofa or wherever he needs to cozy up. One spur of the moment gift was my (almost) very, very favorite shirt quilt. The name of this quilt is "Manly Quilt", for it is made from four neutral color men's dress shirts plus numerous FQs from the quilt shop. The "background" in each of the four quadrants in this quilt are made from one of those shirts. I like this quilt so much that I have asked 11-yr-old DGS if I can have it back. I've asked SEVERAL TIMES! Each time he just grins, and says, "Nope!" The little stinker. LOL.

JudyPete

3 Comments:

  • At September 19, 2007 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Well, Mrs. Pete, you'll just have to be a bigger stinker and make a twin of the quilt that the little stinker has. Somehow make the twin quilt just a little bit better ... larger? or with one or two hidden yellow cat faces? ..... so that little stinker will want to trade the old for the new.

    Judy

     
  • At September 20, 2007 at 1:49 PM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    I love the quilt and think I wouldn't give it up either IF I had one like it. :0) LONNA IN WI
    I came across some shirt material that I have in my scrap bin and thought of you. Cutting it up for a scrap quilt.

     
  • At September 20, 2007 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If I had that quilt you wouldn't get it back either. Did you figure it out by yourself or get the idea from someplace. It's very clever.
    Milli

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home