WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, April 5, 2007

I finished it!


Just wanted to share with everyone my latest finish. This quilt is 84" square and the top is made completely out of men's shirts. Last night I put the binding on by hand - took me five hours, but I was glad when it was done! I think I'll do another log cabin out of greens and yellows now. Or maybe just greens. Depends on what the thrift store has on the racks! This quilt may be sold to a coworker. She only comes in on Fridays, so I'll know tomorrow if she wants it or not. Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend!
Tammy K. in Illinois where it is cold again.

4 Comments:

  • At April 5, 2007 at 3:53 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Tammy-Wonderful quilt! It looks very crisp and cool. Amazing how all those stripes and prints just blend together. NancyH

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 2:56 PM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    How many shirts did you use?

     
  • At April 8, 2007 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Bunny in IL said...

    Tammy, your quilt is awesome! How can you let it go! Judy/Pete has made quilts from old shirts, too. Do you look for 100% cotton? Or do you mix and match with blends? I, too, would like to know how many shirts it takes. Thanks, Bunny

     
  • At April 9, 2007 at 4:31 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Tammy, great job! I have made a series of quilts using men's cotton shirts. I love your log cabin in Blue!!! I really believe some shirt fabrics are better fabs than we find in Q shops. Higher thread count, longer-fiber cotton. I love finding expensive name-brand shirts and using their "expensive" fabric. LOL
    JudyPete

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home