WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, April 2, 2007

It's April already

I can hardly believe it's April already. Where did March go?
Most of the pollen has gone, except the Ligustrum trees (bushes) haven't come out yet. They smell like Gardenias and give me a major head ache.
We spent last weekend in Mt. Dora. It was a lovely visit. Only 2 and 1/2 hr. drive from here. We met up with our friends from So. Fla. who went on to Gainsville to pick up their new puppy. They love Dalmations, so this is about their 6th since I have known them.
There was a sailing race in Mt. Dora, and the weather was perfect. I supported the local quilt shop there, and went into all the little shops. We had a wonderful dinner Sat. night at a fish place, called Pices Rising. A bit pricy, but got to see the sun set over the lake, and had some good wine, finished up with a key lime pie. Yum.
My DD has decided she wants to host the Easter get together this year. Oh, what a blessing. All I have to do is scalloped potatos, desert, and bring bread. I found out that Paula Dean uses frozen bread, the "Sister Schubert" kind--so if it's good enough for Paula Dean, it's good enough for me.
I've been planting flats of marigolds, lantana, some pentas and red begonias. If the dang "tree rats" will leave them alone, they should do OK. We need some rain. Having droughts in mid-south Fla. already.
Jane- I enjoy your pictures of the flowers and horses. I'm asking for a digital camera for our 29th anniversary this year. In about 3 weeks. Time for me to come into the next century.
OK, back to the cleaning out the sewing room. I finished up one project, time to change the needle and dust.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home